Life includes pain. Pain helps us move away from things that can be dangerous to us. Unfortunately, in a society as busy as ours, and as disembodied, our bodies are often thought of as nothing more than Brain Taxi’s. The common thought is that if something goes wrong, we need to ask a doctor what failed us with that part of us, get a physio to fix it, and if all this doesn’t work, we look at replacing it surgically.
The reality is that our pain is telling us to move differently. It is a whispering voice telling us to gently adjust our behaviour. It is only when we do not listen that it begins to get louder and eventually maybe even scream.
We experience all of our life through our bodies; each emotional upset comes with its’ lump in the throat, each excitement comes with its nervous butterflies in the belly, each rage comes with its’ jaw and fist gripping turmult.
“A wrong functioning of the psyche can do much to injure the body, just as conversely a bodily illness can affect the psyche; for body and psyche are not separate entities, but one and the same life”
– C.G. Jung
Since 1998 Petró has been helping individuals and groups of people get out of bad habits and move towards health and enjoyment thru finding balance and ease in their bodies. His passion has lead him to study with teachers from all over the world. Currently, the majority of his work is based on two methods.
- Rolfing® – Structural Integration A hands-on method of combining deep myo-fascial bodywork and movement education to create a more organised, balanced body, able to respond to the necessities and joys of life.
- And Somatic Experiencing® A safe and gentle, body-centered approach to help liberate the oppression that past traumas can hold over us.
I generally combine these Methods to help each of my patients find new levels of health and wellbeing, free from the limitations of old injuries, unhelpful postures and movement habits, or unfaced traumas and fears.
Why people come to Petró?
People generally come for one of 3 reasons:
- They are in pain and would like the pain to go away.
- They have tried many therapies and the pain keeps repeating and they think that something about how they are moving/living is creating the pain.
- They have low energy and stress and would like to live more balanced and free.
- They would like to enjoy life, doing the things that they love into their 90’s or 100’s.